PHIDO is the digital solutions division of Phillips Pet Food and Supplies, the country’s leading pet supply distributor. We're using technology to help Phillips and their partner brands and retailers delight their customers. Pet retailers can use our products to run large-scale e-commerce sites, discover new market opportunities, and get more product out to more people without the hassle of warehousing it themselves.
Operations Manager Role
The Operations Manager will lead the management, production and performance of our east coast distribution facility, ensuring optimal efficiency and profitability to the company while delivering excellent customer service to all associates, vendors and customers.
- Evaluates current business processes and systems and makes recommendations for efficiency improvements and/or cost reductions
- Establish/maintain an organization structure by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, mentoring and developing warehouse employees and supervisory staff.
- Ensure warehouse’s safety and sanitation procedures are in compliance with OSHA and L&I standards.
- Oversee all functions performed in the warehouse which include: receiving, inventory control, order selection, invoicing, pick & pack, loading, interviewing/hiring, training, leading, and motivating the team.
- Recommend and implement actions to improve productivity.
- Communicates as needed with vendors, customers, and corporate in a timely, personable and professional manner.
- Ensure all company policies are implemented with associates. Good understanding of employee issues, HR and progressive discipline.
- Demonstrates leadership and coaching qualifications to address any employee issues, concerns and performance in alignment with company policies
- Maintains confidentiality of information, including but not limited to employee data and pay information, employee relations and performance issues, and strategic company information.
- A college grad; bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Numbers drive - previous P&L responsibility a strong plus
- Experienced in DC management - 5+ years’ experience in Distribution/Logistics and must be capable of running entire operation.
- Extensive experience in warehouse management and processes.
- A leader - 5+ years of strong leadership and team-building skills, ability to mentor/coach employees to develop their skills and create a team environment.
- Strong employee relations skills and human resource knowledge.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor essential.
- Tech savvy - prior experience with fulfillment systems required. Snapfulfil experience a bonus.
Approach change with creativity, and craft resourceful solutions
Grow yourself and others by being curious about the world, and invested in your work.
Use data to drive decisions, and own the outcomes.
Listen to others, and always assert your view respectfully.
Package will be competitive commensurate with experience
If hired full-time, benefits include medical, dental and vision plans and 401K match
About the Office
Our Herald Square office has an open floor plan and lots of sun. You’ll have access to an impressive snack and refreshment counter, incredible coffee, and cold brew on tap. We are a passionate and diligent group that also makes time for weekly happy hours, breakfasts, lunches, and team events to celebrate goals.